The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is a lay catholic organization whose mission is: to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice and joy.
The Mission of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul implies that as Vincentians, we:
• see Christ in anyone who suffers;
• come together as a family;
• have personal contact with the poor;
• help in all possible ways.
More information about our SSVP societies works can be found by going to our National www.ssvp.ca and Ontario Regional https://ssvp.on.ca/en/index.php websites.
St Vincent De Paul Society’s Thrift Stores In Ottawa Help The Needy And Their Causes
Webpage : https://saintvincentdepaul.ca/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/saintvincentthriftstore/
Online shopping: www.stvincentdepaulonline.com/
SSVP Holy Redeemer Parish Conference’s Projects and Activities
1. Home visitations: Our initial step is to do a home visit and access a person’s needs. The visits are made by a pair of Vincentians to the home of a person seeking assistance from the Society; Home visits are the hallmark of our Society.
2. Kanata Food Cupboard: We have committed to assist one week of every six weeks to serving those in need. We also commit to doing an annual food drive in the month of August.
3. North of 60 project: Ottawa Central Council commits to sending two 20-foot sea containers each year to Rankin Inlet, as part of its mission, to support the northern communities of the 60th parallel. SSVP Holy Redeemer Parish Conference assists in collecting the requested food items to help fill the sea containers
4. Shepherds of Good Hope Christmas Sock Campaign: Yearly collection of gifts for Ottawa Street people. Distributed by Shepherd of Good Hope
5. Spring and Winter Clothing drives: Semi annual clothing drives to help our Ottawa stores assist those in need
Please click HERE